Monday, September 21, 2009

Cross Season is Here! Weekend Recap

Photo credit: David Lowe (I think so anyway since I stole it from his blog)


The first major race weekend of the season has come and gone and it was a good one for us. While I couldn't make it to Trexlertown for the first round of the MAC series, I did get to Baltimore for Charm City. The Evil Empire, er... C3 put on a great event that seems to get bigger and better every year. It's one of my favorite courses and the perfect event to kick off the season.

Our sponsored riders were out in force this weekend. The HumanZoom/PBR women had some great results with Kristin Gavin getting 5th both days on her 25x tubulars paired with Grifo XS tires. Nikki rode the REV-25x with Fangos to an 8th place finish on both Saturday and Sunday. Kristine Church rode a set of the REV-30s to 16th place on Saturday and 18th on Sunday. A stealth set of REV-50s may or may not have won the elite women's event both days but I'm not sure how much I can say about that one.

Ken Dietch (REV-50x) rode to 14th on Saturday and 25th on Sunday in the B-Masters races and David Lowe (REV-25x) held his own with the fastest old men out there to finish 11th and 10th over the course of the weekend.

Gabe Lloyd (REV-50) of Echappe Equiptment rode in the elite mens race to 26th on Saturday while nursing a wrist injury. Bill Elliston (REV-50) finished 15th in the elite race on Saturday and 22nd on Sunday.

Bill is a long time professional in the sport and we're excited to partner with him. He has brought his many years of experience in road and cross racing to his role as a coach with Elliston Coaching. If you're local to the area and looking for good coach, I highly recommend checking him out.

My race went well considering my complete lack of training this summer. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I had a first row starting position thanks to last season's points and I think I ended up somewhere in the top half of the 125 rider field. My cross bike, which I hadn't riden since January, performed flawlessly and I'm extremely excited about a pair of prototype cross wheels that I'll be testing this season.

The next MAC weekend will be Granouge and Wissahickon and we'll be sponsoring and exhibiting at the Wissahickon race. I can almost guarantee that we'll be sold out of cross wheels by that point but feel free to stop by and check out the wheels in person.

Lastly, I offer this to all of the good men and women working in the pits this cross season:

No comments: